Renovation project for the FMMB development
The 2012 work focused on:
- renovation of the wet parts (mechanics and civil engineering) at the entrance to the Trappistes water intake;
- mechanical cleaning of the drain valves at the position known as “La Forry”;
- cleaning of the water supplying lower gallery (pressure gallery);
- anticorrosion protection of the pressure pipeline;
- complete renovation of the outlet channel at the station exit;
The Trappistes cleaning work had to be coordinated with the unavailability generated by renovation of the station. This work was staggered taking into account the renovation and cleaning priorities.
As far as the environment was concerned, the operations carried out at the water intake enabled flotsam carried by the Dranse to be recuperated. This involved the construction of a float-raft which catered for a mobile skip as well as providing a new access for trucks loading and unloading the skips in order to clear the waste material. This work was necessary to respond to the demands for the granting of the new licence.
The completion of the various renovation and cleaning works required the grouping and coordination of our skills in project management, civil engineering, telematics, mechanics and electricity. Particular attention was paid to safety. For that, we advised - and assisted - the various partners on the most suitable processes to be adopted.