Consultancy - Serviceability
Serviceability is a quantitative technical analysis based on international norms. It enables owners of hydroelectric developments to estimate the residual life of their installations, any renewal works and maintenance to be undertaken and at what frequency.
This analysis applies in particular to :
- mechanical parts : pressure pipelines, reinforced pits, valves, turbine and pump wheels, bearings, injectors, etc.
- civil engineering works : water intakes, sand catching, dams, supply galleries, outlet channels, etc.
- electrical parts : alternators, exciters, electrical protection, voltage regulators, instrumentation and control systems, transformers
Serviceability is carried out on the basis of constructive data and on the background of the object to be analysed. Particular attention is paid to :
- the conception of the works and original calculation notes
- past exploitation, modifications of exploitation conditions and eventual degradation of components
- future exploitation and demands on development which are likely to ensue
Serviceability gives an evaluation of the structural integrity of the works based on :
- mechanical promptings
- the eventual presence of faults, such as cracks, loss of thickness due to corrosion or usage and damage caused by third parties
- structural properties of materials used in construction
Finally, the evaluation provides a diagnosis for the owner or the operator, indicating the necessary measures to put into operation to ensure the safety and productivity of his set-up. Depending on the individual case, these measures may be the object of a risk analysis to optimize decision-making.
HYDRO experts possess specialised knowledge of :
- the workings of hydroelectric plants, irrespective of their size or power
- materials, mechanical failure and material fatigue
- computer tools
- legislation of serviceability norms in force
A hydroelectric development manager is able to control inherent exploitation risks better. He can also :
- ensure safety and sustainability of his plant while minimising operation investments (targeting investigations)
- receive useful information necessary for decision-making
- contact a single interlocutor for the whole work
Laser Tracker - Highly accurate three-dimensional measurementsLaser Tracker measures in three dimensions and, due to its technical characteristics, meets the high requirements for dimensioning mechanical objects, i.e. a few hundredths of millimetres.
Health checkCondition monitoring and diagnosis of installations is a process to assess their health in order to estimate their residual life. HYDRO Exploitation adds value by providing an overview of the plants being operated.
HYDRO EXPLOITATION SA
Rue de l’Industrie 10, 1951 Sion