Since its foundation, HYDRO Exploitation has shown its willingness to accommodate facility management together with environmental conservation.
We are committed to:
- complying with legal requirements, regulations and agreements in the sector
- preventing pollution related to our activities
- improving our environmental performance each year
Green energy, but…
The production comes from a renewable source, without CO2 emissions, radioactive waste or noise pollution. There are, nevertheless, some consequences for the environment.
Dams and other installations provide safety during exceptional floods. However, they do mark the landscape. Changes in river flows resulting from water abstraction, accumulation and release influence river dynamics and surrounding biotopes.
The annual purging carried out on certain reservoirs causes a temporary increase in the "Suspended Solids" (SS) rate in the watercourse downstream. The effect is harmful to aquatic fauna and their habitat. Finally, precautions must be taken at operating sites to reduce the risk of fire, flooding or oil leakage, the consequences of which could harm the environment.
In this context:
- we manage the environmental impact related to our own activities
- we suggest environmental improvements to the owners of the facilities that we operate
- we recommend owners to obtain ISO 14001 environmental certification, and/or green energy labels for the facilities we operate