On 2 July 2018, violent storms caused nearly 40 million Swiss francs worth of damage in Val d’Anniviers. The Navizence flooded, damaging nearby infrastructure. The penstock of the Vissoie auxiliary power units suffered irreparable damage.
Forces Motrices de la Gougra SA (FMG) asked HYDRO Exploitation to carry out the studies and works required for reconstruction of the penstock, with the aim of a return to service in August 2019. The following services were provided by the Civil Engineering and Geodesics Unit:
- Inspection and assessment of damage following the flood
- Overall coordination and project plan for replacement of FMG’s plant
- Analyses of possible options for materials and the supplier of new penstocks
- Public inquiry procedure
- Tender procedures for the delivery of the works
- Direction of works, monitoring of finance and invoicing by the parties
- Quality controls on the suppliers and during project delivery
- Acceptance of the works
- Documentation of the works undertaken and checking of guarantees
The project was delivered on time and within budget, and the client was entirely satisfied.