The remote transmission of information is necessary for a large number of hydropower plants. Especially in system control, where reliable and encrypted remote transmission between the SCADA of the control center, the network control station and the PBXs such as the water intakes or the dams is required.
Our expertise also includes remote control of medium and high voltage switchgear with the implementation of specific technologies such as IEC 61850 - IEC 60870-5-101/104.
The control of remote transmission systems is based on the use of industrial RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) as well as means of communication based on IT networks, radio and mobile telephony.
- Study, needs analysis, the existing infrastructure and its specific limitations, preparation of a specification sheet.
- Engineering and development of schematics.
- Call for tenders for the supply of equipment.
- Programming of RTUs (Remote Terminal Unit).
- On-site assembly and cabling connection tests, function tests, commissioning tests.
HYDRO Exploitation specialists:
- are able to carry out a specific study of the remote control equipment and technologies to be used; have proven experience in the implementation of remote transmission solutions; are proficient in the IT tools required to set up a modern installation;
- apply their knowledge from the operation of hydropower plants to their concepts.
The benefits to the client are:
- support from a partner with expertise in information technologies, from automation engineers as well as specialists in technical IT;
- advanced expertise in the field of data processing in the hydroelectricity and energy sector;
- solutions based on equipment from major suppliers to the energy market.
HYDRO EXPLOITATION SA
Rue de l’Industrie 10, 1951 Sion