Servicing of mechanical components
Servicing the mechanical components is an integral part of operating a hydroelectric plant and the work is carried out at the intervals specified in the owner’s maintenance schedules. This service focuses on the inspection of large-diameter safety equipment, such as globe valves, butterfly valves, injectors, pumps and Francis turbines. Multiple skills are required and they permit the complete servicing of safety equipment according to the supplier’s requirements.
- recording of constructive and historical data of a mechanism.
- evaluation by the mechanical engineers of the parts in need of improving.
- logistical organisation for on-site intervention and transport.
- complete dismantling of the mechanism.
- evaluation of the condition of the parts and work to be carried out together with the client.
- drafting and updating of drawings.
- servicing of the components including non-destructive testing (VT, MT, PT, UT), weld repairs (TIG, MAG/MIG, electrodes, …), machining to restore original dimensions, sandblasting and anti-corrosion protection.
- reassembling the mechanism, carrying out pressure checks and functional tests.
- submission of complete documentation (reports, schedules and procedures).
HYDRO Exploitation has over 50 years of experience in the configuration and operation of different types of hydraulic units. The company has a team of engineers specialised in materials and design as well as qualified mechanics. We have all the equipment necessary for this type of work and our Assembly Team is ready to come on site to dismantle, reassemble and commission your safety mechanism.
Our client benefits from the following advantages:
- an objective analysis of the situation.
- a turnkey service with on-site interventions.
- an engineering department that can anticipate potential problems and provide specific proposals to rectify and improve these.
- benefit from our latest technology and processes resulting from our experience in operating plants, which can ultimately extend the service life of the components.
Virtual Tour of Central WorkshopsAll manner of resources and expertise under one roof! Join a virtual tour to explore our Central Workshops in Martigny.
Central workshopsSet up at the Martigny site in 2007, the Central Workshops bring together our skills in the servicing of mechanical components. The knowledge we have acquired in the operation of hydroelectric plants qualify us to fulfil our clients’ needs and provide them with tailored solutions.
Central workshops: a new milling centre, unique in French-speaking SwitzerlandCommissioning of our new CORREA AXIA 70 milling centre in our machining workshop, to take place soon, will open up a new era for HYDRO Exploitation. This equipment is unique in French-speaking Switzerland. By adding it to our stock of machines we are increasing our versatility and our production capacity.
Machine ShopSince 2007 and its set-up at the Martigny site, this Workshop has brought together all of our machining skills under one roof. Its sole purpose is to manufacture various parts to support the servicing of mechanical components and spare parts. Thanks to its constant expansion, in particular with the acquisition of the new CORREA machining centre facilitating dimensions unique in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, we are able to fulfil the many demands of different clients.
Non-destructive testing (NDT)Non-destructive testing (NDT) is used to verify that there are no internal defects, more specifically, cracks, in equipment and machines, without altering them.
Fast and non-destructive analysis of metals and their alloysThe x-ray fluorescence spectrometry (XRF) analysis of metals and their alloys provides an exact breakdown of the different elements contained in a sample without altering it. The procedure can be applied to all clean and accessible surfaces, and even eliminate the need to dismantle the components in certain cases.
Central WorkshopsAlong the water, discover the profession of hydroelectric operator in pictures.
HYDRO EXPLOITATION SA
Rue de l’Industrie 10, 1951 Sion