3D digital printing & reverse engineering
3D scanning is a contactless measurement technology which enables data acquisition (point clouds) for the purpose of creating a solid model. Combined with a Faro measurement arm, it enables digitisation of large items (up to three metres) with precision of the order of ±100µm.
These services are available for the digitisation of all mechanical components, for the delivery of a layout with complete dimensions, or simply to obtain a digital file. The technique is particularly effective for items involving complex geometry (uneven surfaces or variable radius fillets). It is also in demand for the measurement of wear.
- Definition of terms of reference, scope and objectives
- Data acquisition
- Verification of a digitised part compared to a theoretical CAD
- Checking of component wear over time
- Three dimensional inspection
- Creation of an editable digital file (solid state)
- Measurement protocol
- Export of a file and/or creation of layouts
- Changes to the component (structural engineering)
HYDRO Exploitation is able to respond to a wide range of requirements, to deliver work ranging from digitisation to reverse engineering and even dimensional control.
- The work is carried out by experts in digitisation (technicians/mechanical engineers)
- Our mechanical engineers may be involved in the analysis of results, for example providing calculations of technical modifications for each finished part or estimating remaining useful life.
- Digitisation of complex parts
- Option of acquisition on-site
- Option of creating a 3D model and/or 3D plan of a used part
- No need to provide a plan or measurements, just the part
- Possibility of defining wear of a part over time
- An innovative service delivered by experienced specialists
- Technology/users rare in Switzerland
- One point of contact throughout the service
- A highly responsive service delivered across a large geographical area