Thermodynamic efficiency measurement
The performance of the hydroelectric units must be checked at regular intervals to ensure peak efficiency.
Hydro Exploitation’s efficiency testing department, located in Sion, regularly organises and perform these measurements. It is then possible to determine how turbine efficiency can be maintained after rehabilitation or to validate the performance guarantees given by the turbine supplier.
- on-site inspection of the unit and determination of the appropriate measurement technique
- preparation of the measuring equipment and the preparation of the unit
- visual inspection of the unit
- on-site measurement under actual operating conditions
- determination of the efficiency for all operating modes
- analysis of the results and recommendations for operational optimisation
- validation of runner modifications
HYDRO Exploitation’s specialists :
- provide a complete thermodynamic measurement service and have the required measuring equipment
- have the specifically required know-how for this type of measurement and its evaluation
- have considerable experience in the management of hydroelectric facilities: they therefore have a highly practical
- global view of each situation
The owner of the hydroelectric facility has the benefit of :
- a complete service carried out by Switzerland’s very few experienced specialists
- relevant information about the performance of the machines in operation
Watch our film and discover our cutting-edge capabilities: use of the laser tracker, vibration control on a shaft line and performance measurement.